Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Final Takes!

It is long overdue, but I have finished filming my project. I have begun editing, it has been a breeze because I am using iMovie. The platform makes it very easy to cut clips and add audio. It is very simple which can be a downside at times, with not having much variety on where I would like my text to be and what font I want it to be. I can only currently edit with iMovie on my phone, because my computer has been having some technical difficulties with my attempts to download the app. And it keeps failing. Every. Single. Time.

On a brighter note, I would like to reflect on what my favorite part of my film is so far. It would have to be the close up shot I used after the main character stops brushing her hair. I think it displays the characters confusion perfectly. As the audience has a closer look at her eyes squint in and her eyebrow flare up in confusion. This is a real turning point in the film, setting up the climax of the movie. It introduces the thriller genre that was not my first idea, but after changes detailed in earlier posts, I wanted to incorporate it into the film. My second favorite shot, is the high angle I used as the character packs her school materials. I chose this to demostrate the feeling of the viewer is watching her from above, and to also demonstrate she feels weaker than the other characters that are revealed later in the film.
I plan on finishing editing tonight, start my CCR tomorrow and alternate between completing my CCR, and going back to my film and putting final touches.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Film Opening

With 6 weeks of work, I finally present my film opening, Stalker.