Thursday, March 8, 2018

A New Path

With still feeling lost on what I should produce, today in class I consulted with my teacher to help me get back on the right track.
The discussion first begun with what my favorite films are. I have never fully answered this question before, so it was quite difficult to answer.

Image result for arrival
FinanceTrainingCourse.com





The first film that came to my mind was the Arrival. This is one of my favorite films because of the elements it holds. I have always been very interested in mysteries, and even more interested in sci-fi. So for a film to combine the two, hit the jackpot for me. I also really enjoyed the special effects in the movie as well as the mise-en-scene.



Image result for 10 things i hate about you
JB Hi-Fi 
Following that, I thought for what seemed like a century, flipping through the mass amount of films I have seen in my lifetime. But finally it hit me, 10 Things I Hate About You. This holds its place because it is my favorite romance film. I enjoy the story it tells, I feel that I can relate myself to the main character. What she experiences is similar to what I am going through,  as the movie dives into everything high school throws at you. 

Image result for parks and recreation
FTSA
Lastly contrasting from the rest, my final choice was the television series Parks and Recreation. It’s different as it is not a film, but a television series including seven seasons. It is significant to me because of how the comedy is presented in the show. The comedy stands apart due to more separation shots as they use close-ups quick zooms into the character’s face to show their reaction, creating the relaxed comedy feel.






After discussing my liking's about these three pieces, a new idea sprouted in my head. Taking the mystery component from the film Arrival, and the romance in 10 Things I Hate About You. I have decided to produce a romance mystery film opening. I am very excited about this because I now have many examples to help me get a base for what I want to create. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Film Opening

With 6 weeks of work, I finally present my film opening, Stalker.