Friday, March 9, 2018

Romance & Mystery

To further dive in, there are many characteristics of romance and mystery films. I want to combine the two, so it is key that I know all the characteristics. So that I can effectively mash them together without the two clashing.

Romance:
- There needs to be something keeping them apart.
- Love-Hate relationships.
- If they don’t get together at the end, they have to be happy or have learned something from the whole thing.
- Conflicts
- Heartbreaks

Some other romance characteristics that I did not mention can be found here.
Additionally, I found some more examples of Romance films that I would like to include here.


Mystery:
- Crime or puzzle that needs to be solved.
- The main character, which tend to be the detective is the one who sets out to solve the mystery.
- Overt clues in the crime are presented.
- Hidden evidence, and foreshadowing is present.
- Red Herring, a technique to falsely foreshadow, to throw the audience off.


Not to list them all here, there’s more characteristics of a mystery here, and a really helpful chart that helped me is linked here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Film Opening

With 6 weeks of work, I finally present my film opening, Stalker.